Thursday, September 30, 2010

2 Kings 7:3,4

Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, "why are we sitting here until we die? If we say, 'we will enter the city,' the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. Now therefore,come, let us surrender to the army of the Syrians. If they keep us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall only die."


Pastor Josh was teaching about getting through sensesless seasons. I have been definitely going through a senseless season. Nothing in my life has made much sense to me lately. This lesson helped me so much. Pastor listed 5 things we can do to get through these seasons and the one that struck me the most was don't just sit there and take it, move! The men mentioned in the scripture decided to move! They weren't going to just lay there and die anymore, they were going to get up and do something. The outcome of the something didn't really matter too much. The men did weigh there options, picked the most reasonable one and went with it. The point is they DID SOMETHING! I feel very inspired today to learn from this lesson and get moving. I know I try to rationalize everything. I want to figure everything out. Weigh my options, plan the steps and make sure there are no surprises. I am learning God doesn't work like that. He responds to faith and faith is taking that blind step and trusting you aren't going to fall. We serve a good God and He only wants whats best for His children. He has a good plan for my life, a plan where I walk in the victory His son died for. Now I need to stop asking why, trust Him and get MOVING! HALLELUJAH!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's right, sister! You move! You and your family are going to GREAT things for Him! Keep on going!!!

    ReplyDelete