Tuesday, September 28, 2010

PLANTING SEED

Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, o Lord, my strength and my Reedemer.

I have been thinking about planting seed lately. I always tend to limit my thinking to financial seed. Probably because that seems to be the biggest need sometimes. This scripture made me think past that and about the seed we plant with our words and our thoughts. I asked myself would the words of my mouth and my thoughts be acceptable to God. The answer I got was a huge NO! I have been extremely selfish in my thinking lately and I am sure that has made its way out of my mouth too many times. Today is a new day! My prayer today is for the Holy Spirit to help me control the words I say and the things I allow myself to meditate on. I want to speak words of encouragement to my children and not always words of critizism and complaint. I want to speak words full of energy and happiness to my husband instead of complaining how hard my day was and how tired I am. I want to be able to speak words of wisdom and support to my friends instead of hearing and feeling there pain and finding myself struggling to figure out what to say. I want people to hear Jesus and see Jesus not me. This all begins with the words we speak and the things we allow our minds to meditate on. Thankfully we don't have to do this on our own. If that were the case we would be hopelessly sunk. This scripture reminds us that Jesus is our strenght and reedemer. We don't have to go it alone, we couldn't go it alone and be successful in controling our words and thoughts. We need to pull our strenth from the Lord and be constantly depending on Him and listening for His guidance and correction. We need to be quick to repent and quick to seek Him so He can redeem us and pull us out of whatever mess we are in. It's in that place of redemption that we will be acceptable in His sight. So I am going to continue listening for that still small voice, being obedient, and doing my best to live a life that my Father will find pleasing and acceptable in His sight! I am precious to Him and this is the least I can do for all He has done for me. He is so worthy!!! Let's continue planting seed to glorify Jesus and rest in the harvest we will recieve!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Our flesh is so strong, sometimes it's hard to be always in prayer about pleasing Him with our life...nice post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete